Tuesday 11 February 2014

Today's work.

I'm continuing with drawing and painting all this week, I aim to complete 3-4 more large sheets of painting. Today I have focused on observing vegetables. I have decided to do this because vegetables are also often found in cottage gardens and they present more interesting shapes and colours. I have chosen to include vegetables because I think they will add more variety to my work and perhaps give my collection a tounge in cheek twist. 
I have also begun to look at pattern layouts from different companies and designers as inspiration for my own structures. Looking at existing pattern designs will help me to gain a better understanding of repeat layouts and colour. As a starting point I have put together a mood board of floral designs. 



No comments:

Post a Comment